Blavity is on the lookout for new members to join our team.
We are a venture-funded technology and new media company. We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy, focused rock-stars who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction and we are looking for new people to help us continue to grow. Blavity is changing the landscape of media representation by building the world’s largest digital community for Millennials of Color. Blavity was founded in 2014 around a simple idea: Enable Millennials of Color to tell their own stories.
Today, we average 1 Million monthly unique visitors, generate 3-5 Million monthly social impressions, and distribute our message across all of the major social media platforms. We are based in Downtown LA with team members working across the world.
Blavity is seeking top performing Sales Executives to be the foundation of our sales organization. As an SE at Blavity, you will work with advertisers in a consultative manner to identify partnership opportunities and sell integrated marketing programs across desktop, mobile, video, branded content, social media, and live events.
Blavity has a fierce entrepreneurial culture where you can lead the sales and marketing efforts for your client list. Ideal candidates will have a passion for the topics covered by Blavity and experience closing business with large brands and agencies. This role is based in Los Angeles and will require some travel.
- Consultatively sell the Blavity suite of services by mapping business challenges with solutions; function across entire sales cycle including demand generation, qualification, opportunity management, and contract closure
- Schedule and execute virtual and face-to-face meetings with potential and existing clients in order to build robust and meaningful client relationships and proactively provide creative solutions in addition to proposal requests
- Act as a liaison between Blavity and advertiser on all marketing programs, including but not limited to advertising campaigns, advertorials, events, social and mobile promotions
- Drive incremental revenue and close net new business inside named accounts by uncovering net new opportunities and use cases, accelerating and growing the adoption of Blavity Solutions, and cross-selling additional solutions
- Partner with Blavity marketing, engineering, programmatic advertising, and live events teams to sell comprehensive solutions across the entire Blavity ecosystem
- Prepare monthly sales reports, forecast and manage pipeline using CRM tools, and communicate clear reporting to senior management and executives
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on monthly basis across web, mobile, video, content, social media, and live events
- 3+ years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas, and a proven track record of success
- Exceptional client relationship and campaign management experience; established relationships with brands and agencies, especially in the multi-cultural media planning space
- Deep understanding of the Blavity business and general knowledge of financial concepts and principles, budgeting/forecasting processes; capable of analyzing financial and marketing data to draw actionable conclusions
- Independent, entrepreneurial, self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility; Outgoing and sociable; willing to wear multiple hats
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; Clear, accurate, and concise reporting; experience with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Salesforce, or equivalents
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and the culture of Millennials of Color