Blavity is on the lookout for new members to join our team.
We are a venture-funded technology and new media company. We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy, focused rock-stars who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction and we are looking for new people to help us continue to grow. Blavity is changing the landscape of media representation by building the world’s largest digital community for Millennials of Color. Blavity was founded in 2014 around a simple idea: Enable Millennials of Color to tell their own stories.
Today, we average 1 Million monthly unique visitors, generate 7-10 Million monthly social impressions, and distribute our message across all major social media platforms. We are based in Downtown LA with team members working across the world.
We are searching for an enthusiastic, goal-oriented, digitally-savvy content marketer to join our team. This social media guru will be responsible for sourcing, curating, scheduling, and tracking content across all social platforms, serving as a liaison between Blavity and its users, and working closely with our editorial and marketing team on a variety of projects.
This position is a part time hourly paid position.
- Sourcing and scheduling day-to-day editorial and inspirational content across Blavity’s social channels (including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter
- Tracking the success of social posts by evaluating metrics, and contributing to overall brand strategy and marketing calendar based on results
- Managing and engaging with Blavity’s social community by responding to all comments, questions, and concerns on social channels
- Using metrics and knowledge of user base and post performance to brainstorm editorial content and seasonal marketing strategies with editorial and marketing team
- Developing, managing, and monitoring social syndication partnerships with various media outlets and brands
- Brainstorming and executing new tactics to grow our followers, increase engagement, and drive more traffic to Blavity
- 1-2 years social media & community management experience
- Strong interest in entrepreneurship and Black culture
- Proven communication and writing skills
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects simultaneously within time constraints and with strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of social media strategies, tactics, and metrics
- Creative, well-organized, willing to wear multiple hats
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Google + and Tumblr
- Knowledge of social media management tools (including but not limited to Hootsuite, Buffer, ViralTag, Crowdtangle), Google Analytics, and Photoshop
- Skilled photographer
- Passion for Blavity and what we do
- You must possess a solid grasp of English and Black culture reference with the ability to integrate it in writing and editing (AKA know how and when to use words like fleek without being lame)
Blavity is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.