About Blavity, Inc.
Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, which was founded in 2014 with the simple idea of enabling Millennials of Color to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of news platforms and lifestyle brands focusing on Black culture through original content, video and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for black media, reaching 30 million millennial per month through its growing brand portfolio; Blavity, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow and Act. We are 5 brands with one vision and limitless opportunity!
Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity Team creates and executes with our values at the forefront of mind:
Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction. We are headquartered in Downtown LA, and have a satellite work space in Atlanta. Join us!
CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER
Blavity is looking for a creative and service-oriented Manager of Customer Success (CS) to oversee the planning and execution of our customer’s branded campaigns. S/he will serve as the primary point-of-contact for all large/key clients and oversee execution through a team of CS Associates and Coordinators.
The ideal candidate is:
- Seasoned brand strategy professional who has a track record of translating customer’s voice and vision into engaging digital and experiential campaigns to meet stated goals.
- Passionate about serving as a trusted advisor for customers, both on the brand and agency side.
- Experienced in developing and managing a small team in service of meeting customer goals, extracting key insights, and evolving strategic product offerings.
- Deeply curious in understanding your customer’s industries and the economic/social/political factors impacting their business.
- Manage and develop a team of CS Associates and Coordinators to support high-quality campaign execution.
- Represents Blavity as the primary CS contact post-sales, positioning yourself as a trusted advisor to your customer portfolio.
- Collaborates with Sales to understand the campaign scope, KPIs, and possible renewal/upsell opportunities.
- Ensure feasibility of execution by aligning on resource allocation within CS and across creative teams.
- Skillfully navigate challenging customer conversations in the spirit of satisfying the needs of both the customer and Blavity (e.g. scope creep or additional requests).
- Oversee brand voice guidelines for your campaigns, acting as the final sign-off point for ensuring consistency in style, quality, and tone across all channels.
- Manages account profitability by distilling key insights from campaign analytics and strategizing solutions to hit the customer's goals and increase satisfaction.
- Proactively identify and share upsell/cross-sell opportunities within portfolio to the Sales team, leveraging your deep understanding of Blavity’s product offerings and customer insights.
- Partner with leaders in CS, Sales, and Marketing to distill and package insights into new product offerings and/or thought leadership for our customers.
- 4+ years customer-facing experience at a media agency and/or publisher, managing digital advertising strategy for a portfolio of brands.
- 2+ years experience directly managing a team of project managers/coordinators.
- Proven experience delivering engaging, on-brand campaigns across digital, social and experiential (portfolio required).
- Strong eye for design/copy, and skilled at aligning the Blavity brand with the Customer brand.
- Experience working with agencies, as well as directly with brands.
- Deep understanding of how to extract and interpret data in order to build actionable customer insights through storytelling (advanced PPT skills required).
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES ONLY.